There are many different perspectives around gold watches, some out there believe gold watches to be tacky, and others believe it to e a symbol of class.
But the majority of people view gold watches as classy rather than tacky, this was also shown in a recent survey where normal people were asked this very question whether they consider gold watches tacky or not, and a majority of the 86% considered gold watches to be a symbol of class.
Do Gold Watches Go With Everything?
No, Gold watches don’t just go with anything. You can’t expect to look classy wearing a gold watch, whilst you are wearing sports-wear, it just won’t match.
Some of the colors that go best with gold watches are brown, beige.
Wearing A Gold Watch!
- If you are not sure what to wear to an event. You can also match it to your shoes or maybe even wear it entirely.
- You can easily match the elements of your watch and shoes to create a perfect look.
- The best part about a gold watch is that it could be round, rectangular, or square. It could also have a matt, shiny, or patterned finish, but still look classy.
- Aside from gold, other metals such as silver, titanium, and platinum are also used for the case.
- If you are looking to pull off a casual look, then bring some attention to your watch by using the master roll or the Italian.
- The gold and metallic elements of your watches make them easy to wear in casual settings. They complement your business attire.
- If you are planning on wearing a gold watch, then bring some attention to it by placing your arms up in the air and using the master roll or the Italian.
- To truly get the grace out of your Gold watch, as it’s a bold color, keep the rest of the outfits subtle. Instead of bold colors, opt for neutral tones such as black or grey to avoid stealing the attention away from the watch.
- If you have a gold watch, wear it with one more accessory, such as a bracelet. It is important to avoid wearing too much gold, as mixing gold and diamonds can create a balanced look.
- Make sure to avoid wearing too much gold and avoid mixing it with diamonds.
- If you like gold but secretly want to know how valuable it is, get one of these watches. They will make you feel like a king without knowing how much it costs.
Gold Watches And Gold-Plated Watches
Gold-plated watches in most cases are really just treated steel watches that have been painted with gold. Gold plated watches experience the interaction of particle plating. This implies a layer of genuine gold or gold composite is applied to the treated steel/copper/metal case or armband of the watch.
Be that as it may, after some years these watches can in any case begin blurring.
Likewise, gold plated watches can, after some time, leave a green buildup on your skin. This is on the grounds that the copper/metal under the gold plating will get presented to water and perspire. This will begin an erosion interaction that will leave a green blemish on your skin.
Can You Shower With Gold Plated Watches?
It doesn’t really affect the functionality of the watch but still you should definitely avoid that.
Moreover, even most rolex watches are waterproof for 50 to 100 meters. So, this also does depend on the specific watch model that you are talking about.
So it would be better to do some research on your specific watch before showering or swimming with your gold-plated watches as the water-resistence of the watches can vary quite a bit like I said.
Moreover, doing things like showering with your gold-plated can mean that your watch might start fading a bit early as well.
How To Take Care Of Your Gold-Plated Watches?
- Cleaning Your Gold-Plated Watch: You can clean your gold plated watch with a wet cotton ball if you feel, like its a bit dusty.
- Getting Your Gold Watch Polished: You can also get your gold-plated watch polished if you think it is becoming a bit rugged. We have a great article on whether you should be getting your watch polished, you can give it a look “here“, but remember getting a high value watch polished can end up reducing its resale value, so you need to be careful on that end.
- Water-Related Activities: Avoid Swimming With Your Gold-Plated Watches Without Making Sure The Water-Resistent Capacity Of Your Specific Watch
- Make Sure You Take Off Your Watch Before Sleeping: Making this a habit increases the probability of you putting weight on your gold-plated watch or even hitting it somewhere whilst asleep. So try to stay clear on that ground as well
How Do You Keep Gold Plated Watches From Fading?
The best way to protect your gold-plated watch is be a bit careful whilst you are wearing it and try not to hit it unto any sharp surfaces or try taking your watch off before you are about to indulge in some rough work
Moving on, you can also get your watch plated in plastic through a watch professional, but conventionally speaking there is no need to do that, but that is only an option that you can opt.
Hopefully, this article was helpful in answering some of your clock-related questions. If you have any clock-related questions, feel free to use the comment section below. And if you want to know why clocks don’t appear in dreams, we have a great article on just that so do give it a click if you are interested “Why don’t clocks appear in dreams? Clocks and dreams!“. Here is also a link about the history of clocks if you want to give that a look “History of timekeeping devices